We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic and meticulous Head of Production to join our team, helping us build inspirational and thought-provoking event experiences.
Reports to: Leadership Team
Position type: Voluntary, Continuing
Commencing: March 2021
Time commitment: Approx, 4 hours per week, with increments towards each event.
Leading the event production team and function, this role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Build production strategy for 2021 - including both online, in-person and hybrid events
- Review, reflect and update production strategy annually
- Represent Production and event management expertise into Leadership team
- The overall event production execution, including setting timelines and maintaining quality of all TEDxMelbourne events
- Lead and manage Production team of approximately 8-12 volunteer members
- Overseeing production budget and cashflow
The Head of Production works closely with Curation, Marketing and Production teams in the lead-up to each event. At a leadership level, the HoP is supported by all members of the Leadership team.
- Ability to effectively communicate to the executive team and key partners
- Ability to understand TEDxMelbourne branding and the organisation’s culture
- Ability to delegate and anticipate potential future challenges
- Leadership experience in a similar role
- 6+ years of experience producing major events and conferences for 2000+ pax as well as highly designed boutique events
- Creative and curious nature
- It would be extra if you have interests in: Innovation, design, technology, entertainment, new media or contemporary arts
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Drive
- Main Event TBC (in-person)
- Salon Event TBC (hybrid)
- Circles TBC (online)
- Monthly Full Team Meeting
- Monthly Leadership Team Meeting
- Fortnightly Leadership Phone Call
- Production Team Meetings as appropriate
- Event-specific WIP and strategy meetings as appropriate
TEDxMelbourne is a 100% volunteer run organisation – we have a vibrant and productive team, and are always on the lookout to add great skills and experience to that mix.
Curious to learn more about who you could be working with? Check out Our Team.
Please note: Due to the number of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.