We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic and meticulous senior Event Manager to join our Production Team, helping us lead inspirational and thought-provoking event experiences.
Strong administrative, organisational and communication skills are required as well as an ability to work flexibly in a demanding and fast paced environment.
TEDxMelbourne is run by a team of committed volunteers, each offering their time, professional expertise and enthusiasm to produce inspiring TEDxMelbourne events.
Head of Production and Production Lead
Reported to by:
Event Coordinator, Technical Event Manager
The Event Lead works closely with the Head of Production and Production Lead and is supported by Event Coordinators and other team members of TEDxMelbourne. On event days, supplementary volunteer support is provided.
Coordinating the production of our main, or largest events, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading execution of event production tasks according to the design and project plan
- Working closely with the Head of Production to ideate and create the space design and project plan
- Vendors and suppliers management: identify, source quotes, negotiate and book as needed - in line with budget
- Liaising with venue (together with Head of Production/Production Lead)
- Liaising with Technical Producer
- Coordinating logistics and stakeholders requirements
- Preparation and delivery of event management documentation including detailed running sheets
- Coordination of FOH/Foyer tasks and Green Rooms during the main event
- Overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
- Follow up of suppliers after the event
- Attending Production meetings and participating in all-team meetings or teleconferences if needed.
A little about you:
- Previous working experience event management (festivals, large scale public and corporate events; activations etc.)
- Ability to understand and leverage TEDxMelbourne branding and the organisation’s culture to create engaging event experiences
- Ability to effectively present information (written and orally) to management, public groups, partners and business associates
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to quickly adapt to new processes and deliver quality results when working under pressure
- Ability to delegate and anticipate potential future challenges
- Strong working knowledge of policies, procedures and practices used in event management
- Familiarity with online management tools and virtual working teams
- Proficient in Google Documents/Drive, online management tools and Microsoft Excel
- Keeping a positive attitude during busy and hectic periods
- Problem solving, organization skills and detail orientation
- Creative and curious nature
Meetings 1st Monday of each month, increasing to fortnightly and then weekly leading up to two main events of the year (approx. May and August)
Approx. 4 hours per week, with increments towards the event
TEDxMelbourne is a 100% volunteer run organisation – we have a vibrant and productive team, and are always on the lookout to add great skills and experience to that mix.
Curious to learn more about who you could be working with? Check out Our Team.
Please note: Due to the number of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.