Think of it as a book club for TED Talks where you’re invited to discuss our current topic, learn new things and meet like minded people.
Topic - Imagination
Hosts - Jon Yeo & Joanne Woo - Heads of Curation, TEDxMelbourne
Please watch this featured talk before the TED Circle: How boredom can lead to your most brilliant ideas – Manoush Zomorodi
Bored is a word many of us have been using these past few months, especially if you’ve been in lockdown. We can feel bored with nothing to do but there is also boredom from repetitive and uninspiring moments. Imagine if you could take those moments of monotony and turn them into a tool to help you imagine your most brilliant ideas. In this TED Circle we reflect on the concept of boredom + creativity by TED Speaker Manoush Zomorodi and discuss the ways that humans can turn the mundane into sheer brilliance.
Connect with your TEDxMelbourne community as we discuss and explore the topic of imagination. Register to join our next TED Circle and be a part of this conversation.
How to Participate:
1. Register to join the discussion (via our Website/ Eventbrite)
2. Watch the Featured Talk (see link above/ video below)
3. Join the event via Zoom on Monday 27 September 2021
4. Listen to the curated discussion on the theme, and then join the smaller breakout groups of attendees to contribute your own thoughts with other attendees.
Don't forget to share your experience online by using the hashtag #TEDxMelbourne on your preferred social network, and tagging us!
Places are limited so register today.
* This will be recorded and may be used by TEDxMelbourne for marketing and promotional purposes. Also, by participating in this event you agree to abide by Zoom’s Acceptable Use Policy, which can be found here.